may 24: seedlings, spines, and strawberries?

Today brought more progress on the morning glory seedlings' growth, and more deliberate snuffing out of the ones doing poorly.

The morning glory seedlings planted deeper are emerging a bit later than the shallower ones

I mostly deadheaded and fussed around my garden today. It's pleasant just to pick off this and that and to keep things tidy.

My old man cactus' spines are getting longer

I can't turn off my plant vision when I'm out and about, either. At a friend's house later, I noticed little strawberries poking out of the backyard. I think they're mock strawberries, though - not wild strawberries.

Apparently actual wild strawberries have white flowers, and the mock strawberry has yellow ones. The mock strawberry also can have a more blunted shape in its fruit and leaves. I didn't catch a look at the flowers on this one, but I think it looks less delicious than a wild strawberry should look, so a mock strawberry it is.

Mock strawberry plant from a field 

Comments

Popular Posts