may 19: blooms in view

I spend today creating two different window boxes from assorted flowers and plants I picked up spontaneously today and others I had sitting around, waiting for a home.

In the box to the left are cathedral salvia in luminous purple, fluffy lavender ageratum, and wonderfully trailing "Scopia Gulliver" bacopa. The box on the right contains fuchsia-dipped torenia, silvery I-forget-the-name, a yellow unknown sedum I purchased from MOBOT, delicate blue lobelia, and, in the center, proudly recovering from being stuck in a poorly draining container, my prized borage!

Two floral arrangements I put together in window boxes to go over the balcony railing

A low view of Scopia Gulliver bacopa, cheerfully lavender

Here's a lovely view of the fuchsia portulaca I have growing in different arrangements. This one didn't make it into a pot, but I think it's nice the way it is. Portulaca is quickly becoming one of my favorite flowers because of its radiant blooms, bright colors, and perky, fleshy foliage. 

Fuschia portulaca glow in their nursery container

Here's another succulent, though one I haven't been able to identify completely. It looks somewhat like a propeller plant (Crassula falcata), and I was convinced that it was at least a member of the Crassula genus, but I haven't found a picture yet that fits what I have.

Not a bloom but growing! 

A view of the makeshift bench, made by boards custom-painted by my talented sister, Esther Hong (though you can't see the pattern too well in this photo, unfortunately). You can check out her lovely illustrations on her website here.

Working on the balcony is the ultimate retreat





Comments

Popular Posts